Thread: Asus Eee 1015pn Battery Won't Charge

Hybrid View

Beans

Asus Eee 1015pn Battery Won't Charge

Ubuntu 11.10. My battery recently ran all the way down and now it won't charge again. When plugged in, my front led battery indicator light is flashing orange, which means the charge is low. Clicking on the battery applet reads "Battery (not present)", however when I click through this, the 'Power statistics' for the laptop battery read Present - Yes, Rechargeable - Yes, State - Charging, Energy 0.0 Wh, Time to full - 0 seconds, Time to empty - 0 seconds, Capacity - 92.7%, etc. I've tried removing and reinserting the battery while powered on and off, but I can't get charging to start. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by mirthless; December 12th, 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Beans

Re: Asus Eee 1015pn Battery Won't Charge

The exact same thing has occurred on mine as well. Any luck figuring out the problem by chance?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I've seen the same thing on the 1018p. It freaked me out to until I let it just charge for a while. After a while it showed that it was charging and the battery was indeed charging.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

For how long did you wait? If the battery is run completely down, it may take a while until it recovers. If it doesn't recover, it may be damaged.

Beans

I've had mine plugged in for a couple of weeks now, and the battery won't charge. I understand it may simply be damaged, but I'm suspicious because I had no problems until one day I let it run completely down. I suppose I could try installing a different OS and see if that makes a difference. I'll post again.

Beans

I'm having this same problem, i'm using netbook remix if this might be a problem. I didn't have a problem with this up until about a week ago when i installed a bunch of updates. Up until a few months ago i mostly a pc user so i'm not familiar with the need to install 3rd party drivers for the hardware in my computer (my wireless card and multi touch pad both needed updates to get them running properly)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have this same issue but different computer. I have a Gateway NV52 and ever since i installed the latest updates it won't let the battery charge. I'm going to go back into windows since i duel boot and see if it charges there or in the bios. I'd say you guy's should do the same. Or run from a live disk or something.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Confirmed. I booted on a live usb of ubuntu and it said that my battery was fully charged, i unpluged my laptop and then i got a time for how much is left on my battery power. Then i booted to Windows and it said that it was around the same percentage that ubuntu did on the live usb. It showed that it was charging on both live usb, and windows when i let the battery drain down a bit then plugged it back in.Switched back to linux on my HDD and it came up and was working again. I let it drain down a bit in my main installation and it is charging again. Shows the icon and has a time limit for "until full".

Hope this helps,