Thread: 11.10 Transmission don't start

Hybrid View

Beans

11.10 Transmission don't start

Hi! I updated from Natty to Oneiric normally, and I have this problem that when I try to start torrentfile, I click torrent file and select start(or open) with Transmission (Like normally), but Transmission just don't start, or it starts like an hour(if starts) after that. I tried to kill transmission-gtk process and start it again but that has done no difference.

In Natty Transmission worked great, but with Oneiric I have this problem, Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: 11.10 Transmission don't start

did you try running transmission-gtk direct from terminal and seeing if it gives an output?

Beans

did you try running transmission-gtk direct from terminal and seeing if it gives an output?

Yep, nothing happens, it just hangs.

I even updated Transmission using PPA, but that makes no difference to startup problem.

EDIT: After a while in terminal appears text "connect: connection timeout"(or something like that in english)
    Last edited by jcola; October 31st, 2011 at 08:38 PM.

Beans

It has failed also with me : Transmission will not work anymore since I graduate to Oneiric.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Transmission works fine with my 11.10. Maybe something messed up in upgrade, fresh install?

Beans

Doesnt work for me either, segfaults after a few seconds

[1]+ Segmentation fault transmission

[189715.724207] transmission[11046]: segfault at 3669c90 ip 00007f96e34b74cb sp 00007f96da89b950 error 6 in libc-2.13.so[7f96e343d000+195000]

reinstalled transmission and all the libc 2.13's mentioned in dpkg -l

unsure where to move from here

UDL

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jcola View Post
    Hi! I updated from Natty to Oneiric normally, and I have this problem that when I try to start torrentfile, I click torrent file and select start(or open) with Transmission (Like normally), but Transmission just don't start, or it starts like an hour(if starts) after that. I tried to kill transmission-gtk process and start it again but that has done no difference.

In Natty Transmission worked great, but with Oneiric I have this problem, Thanks for the help!
    FYI, I experienced a similar regression in Oneiric and I eventually tracked it down and reported a bug at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...on/+bug/916578. I mention a work-around at the end.