Thread: Banshee/Android Sync - Cutting songs short

Hybrid View

Beans

Banshee/Android Sync - Cutting songs short

Hi,

Since upgrading to 11.04 i have come across an issue when syncing my music to my Motorola Defy mobile phone.

I have a large collection of music, the vast majority of which is ripped from CD and stored in FLAC format. I use Banshee to sync some music onto my phone by dragging and dropping. Banshee converts FLAC on-the-fly to OGG prior to copying the file to my phone.

Since installing Ubuntu 11.04 any songs that i have since synced appear to be cut short. The files seem to be of about the correct size, when the music player starts playing the track it shows the correct total length of the song in the timeline bar but the songs get cut short, usually at 5 seconds into the song but a few seem to last about a minute before skipping to the next.

Any ideas?

UPDATE :

This morning i tried converting files using Sound Converter and setting the Music folder on my Defy's SD Card as the destination folder.

Again, the same issue is present. The files all appear to be of the right size, show the correct track length but only play the first 4 or five seconds.

I used my other computer, also running Ubuntu 11.04, to transfer a few files and these work just fine.
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; June 13th, 2011 at 07:59 AM. Reason: added update

Beans

Re: Banshee/Android Sync - Cutting songs short

bump

Beans

one final bump

Beans

This morning i tried converting files using Sound Converter and setting the Music folder on my Defy's SD Card as the destination folder.

Again, the same issue is present. The files all appear to be of the right size, show the correct track length but only play the first 4 or five seconds.

I used my other computer, also running Ubuntu 11.04, to transfer a few files and these work just fine.
    Last edited by ZootHornRollo; June 13th, 2011 at 07:59 AM.

Beans

I have exactly the same problem. I may try to use another computer to see if it solves itself.