Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Unetbootin Help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Beans
    14

    Angry Unetbootin Help

    Hi All,

    So today for some reason I tried to install 8.10 using Unetbootin. Unfortunately it looks like it worked. I think I may have installed it on the hard drive. Whenever I boot up my computer I get the Automatic countdown that that says "Will boot in 10 seconds". I dont know why it keeps showing this. There is no USB device connected to the computer. I have tried to run the normal boot but it wont let me exit.

    Is there a command which lets be delete UNetbootin from the computer perhaps. Please someone help me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ++49/711
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Unetbootin Help

    Quote Originally Posted by getenet View Post
    Hi All,

    So today for some reason I tried to install 8.10 using Unetbootin. Unfortunately it looks like it worked. I think I may have installed it on the hard drive. Whenever I boot up my computer I get the Automatic countdown that that says "Will boot in 10 seconds". I dont know why it keeps showing this. There is no USB device connected to the computer. I have tried to run the normal boot but it wont let me exit.

    Is there a command which lets be delete UNetbootin from the computer perhaps. Please someone help me.
    unetbootin is a program to create bootable linux distros, like ubuntu. this way one can use just a usb stick to install ubuntu instead of a cd. if you prepared the stick and used it to install ubuntu , obviously it is installed on your hard disk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Beans
    14

    Re: Unetbootin Help

    How do I remove it so I can normal boot. I mean it just shows that default screen. I tried the bios and everything. Escape works buts just says "Boot:"

    I dont know what to type.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ++49/711
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Unetbootin Help

    Quote Originally Posted by getenet View Post
    How do I remove it so I can normal boot. I mean it just shows that default screen. I tried the bios and everything. Escape works buts just says "Boot:"

    I dont know what to type.
    So you have ubuntu on your hardisk, and you want to remove it? is that what you are asking? if you intend to keep ubuntu, and want to use windows, and assuming your windows partition is still there , just choose the windows boot option in boot menu and login to windows. don'T screw up anything BIOS, unless you know what you are doing.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Beans
    14

    Re: Unetbootin Help

    No I still want to use the installed Version of Ubuntu on my computer. Infact I dont plan on using Unetbootin to upgrade the computer. All i want to do is get back to the normal Desktop.

    Thank You.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Santa Fe, NM
    Beans
    892
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

    Re: Unetbootin Help

    It sounds like you just have your usb stick plugged in still. Or a Cd in the drive. You only get the "boot:" prompt if you boot to a live cd, or unetbootin, and then press esc when it gives you the options "Use ubuntu without changing your computer...". Also at that prompt you could select the "Boot to hard drive" option to boot your computer like normal.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    ++49/711
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Unetbootin Help

    Quote Originally Posted by getenet View Post
    No I still want to use the installed Version of Ubuntu on my computer. Infact I dont plan on using Unetbootin to upgrade the computer. All i want to do is get back to the normal Desktop.

    Thank You.
    upgrading to a new release of ubuntu can be done from the hard disk, unetbootin just helps you to create a bootable usb disk, it is just like a cd writer that one can use to write cds. and u cannot use unetbootin to upgrade. so relax. you are confused about unetbootin and what it does.

    if you have unplugged the stick, it should be alright.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •