Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nautilus Samba Problem

Beans

Re: Nautilus Samba Problem

Quote Originally Posted by accipter View Post
    It appears that I have the same problem with 9.10. I can browse a share if I know the name, but can I browse to an unknown share with Nautilus.
    OMG you're right, this works! You can do this anonymously.

But whenever I try and get a listing of shares from the Windows 7 computer... "Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED"

Printing using CUPS also fails with "Session Startup Failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE"

Seems very pervasive! Just upgraded to Karmic, yet everything samba-related on Jaunty and Intrepid was perfect.
    Last edited by cowlip1; November 2nd, 2009 at 05:02 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by carnagex420x View Post
    The most important question I can ask is which box is your local master browser? Id suggest even using Wireshark just to get a lil better idea of whats going on.
    My Master Browser is the Windows 7 machine. This machine is always on and acts as my file server.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok I am having this same problem.

The only live CD I have is for 8.10 and that works with my Windows 7 machine perfecty.

So I downloaded the latest samba source and compiled it, guess what?
    smbclient now works and going to smb://{WINDOWS 7 MACHINE NAME} allows me to view the shares on that machine.

So I assume this is a regreassion as to a configuration issue as the old config files still work with the newer version of samba.
    System Specs:
    Desktop: E6420 (@3.4GHz, Water Cooled), 4GB DDR2, 1.6 TB HDs, X1950 Pro (OS Driver),
    Dual Boot Win7/Jaunty, 19" 4:3 + 24" 16:9.
    Laptop: Toshiba L30, T2080 Pentium Dual Core, 2 GB DDR2, 250GB Hard disk.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have the same after updating Xubuntu from 9.04 to 9.10. I don't know what to do because I've tried a lot.

Code:
    sander@MCRED:~$ smbclient -L //redsandro
    Enter sander's password: 
    Anonymous login successful
    Domain=[REDNET] OS=[Windows 7 Professional 7600] Server=[Windows 7 Professional 6.1]

Sharename       Type      Comment
    	---------       ----      -------
    Error returning browse list: NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED
    Anonymous login successful
    Domain=[REDNET] OS=[Windows 7 Professional 7600] Server=[Windows 7 Professional 6.1]

Server               Comment
    	---------            -------
    	REDSANDRO            
    	RUBLLTOP             

Workgroup            Master
    	---------            -------
    	REDNET               REDSANDRO
    sander@MCRED:~$
    📻 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio. 🤘

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

So my next question is which version are you running. Its possible its a bug or just a depreciated version.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The current version of samba in Karmic is 3.4.0

I installed version 3.4.3 and browsing to smb://COMPUTERNAME works aswell as smbclient although the integration with nautilus doesnt work fully due to the different version libs. You still cannot just browse the network but it still works better than the default version IMO.
    System Specs:
    Desktop: E6420 (@3.4GHz, Water Cooled), 4GB DDR2, 1.6 TB HDs, X1950 Pro (OS Driver),
    Dual Boot Win7/Jaunty, 19" 4:3 + 24" 16:9.
    Laptop: Toshiba L30, T2080 Pentium Dual Core, 2 GB DDR2, 250GB Hard disk.

Beans

I can browse the net on my fresh 9.10 installation but also have the problem that shares can't be listed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by danwood76 View Post
    Ok I am having this same problem.

The only live CD I have is for 8.10 and that works with my Windows 7 machine perfecty.

So I downloaded the latest samba source and compiled it, guess what?
    smbclient now works and going to smb://{WINDOWS 7 MACHINE NAME} allows me to view the shares on that machine.

So I assume this is a regreassion as to a configuration issue as the old config files still work with the newer version of samba.
    Is there a ppa somewhere that can upgrade all of samba to the latest version? I just find it highly unlikely that a new version of samba will be pushed in karmic's life time. (Hope im wrong though)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Also looking to update samba. It's crazy if they wouldn't update Buntu 9.10 with the new version though. Would they cripple their software used by millions of people for 6 months? Idiots.

Can anyone tell me what fails due to lib problems if you install Samba 3.4.3?

Alternative is Gigolo, it mounts samba shares just fine even though anything else using samba doesn't work.
    📻 Amp.lol. No bloat, just radio. 🤘

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Smile Re: Nautilus Samba Problem

I finally got my network browsing in Nautilus. You must have to reboot for a domain change to take effect. Prior to rebooting I was able to direct to pc's on my home network using smb///IP/share, but I still had the default samba workgroup and couldn't figure it out. So, I rebooted for an unrelated purpose and voila. FYI for anyone so careless and unBuntu as me.
    Sigma47
    Ubuntu 9.10 64bit, AMD64 4050e, 4GB RAM,
    780G

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast