Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MSI WInd U210 AMD Ralink WiFi Card HELP!!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: MSI WInd U210 AMD Ralink WiFi Card HELP!!!

Setting "Input Source" to "Front Mic" will get pulse to see the internal mic. I tested this with Ekiga. However these solutions require changing between the mic jack and internal mic manually. Still need a more complete solution that will switch automatically when a mic is pluged in.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hey all,

First, I used the DKMS driver here: https://launchpad.net/~markus-tisoft/+archive/rt3090 for Ubuntu Jaunty and it worked perfectly. I've been in touch with Markus over eMail, and we're working on whether or not we can get a Karmic version of the driver working. The Jaunty package does not install on kernel 2.6.31+

Has anyone had any luck with the rt3090 wireless card on Karmic; ndiswrapper or otherwise? Is there a version of the rt2860 that works with Karmic? Everything works for me under Jaunty, but there are many updates in Karmic that I already appreciate, and I want to be able to use it when it is officially released.

Also, perhaps the person who posted the files needed for ndiswrapper before could repost them, the file is no longer available.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Started using the kubuntu jaunty backports and suspend is working properly now. I can now use kde4.3 with the rt3090 driver

omniuni (and others), is MSI not sending driver CDs with the U210-008US? Those drivers should really be in the box with the computer. They were in my U210-009CA box, I thought the only difference would be the keyboard, which has extra symbols so it can be a us english and csa french keyboard. Anyways retry that link if you still need the drivers.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks! I've been at school, away from the driver disk. It just so happens I am going home tonight, and I will try that! From what I have read, the rt3090 has native and official support in the upcoming 2.6.32 kernel; it will be nice when I can use that! I'll let you know how it goes.

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: MSI WInd U210 AMD Ralink WiFi Card HELP!!!

Hooray! As of 2.6.31-14 ndiswrapper works with the drivers that Odemia mentioned before. I am working on Ubuntu Karmic, and connected to a WPA network, and so far, so good.

Thanks go to Odemia, and this should mean that you can go ahead and update to Karmic without too much worry. There are some really nice updates, including better graphics support for the Radeon that's in the Wind (HDMI works great!).

EDIT:
    It worked last night, but is not working today. Seems to be a problem with NDISwrapper. Still working on it. It connects to unencrypted networks just fine, but not WPA.
    Last edited by omniuni; October 21st, 2009 at 08:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro

For Ubuntu Karmic, a friend of mine has verified that https://launchpad.net/~markus-tisoft...0~ppa1_all.deb does indeed work, providing wireless support without NDISWrapper.

*Anyone know how to delete my two previous posts? I have been searching for about 5 minutes, and can edit them, but can not figure out how to delete them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

are you sure about this? I would LOOOOVE to install Karmic, but i spent a lot of time setting up jaunty the way i wanted it and would hate to try to update and have to revert back to jaunty just to do the same setup all over again...

Beans

Am I sure? Sortof.

I'm on my Msi wind u210 with the rt3090 working just fine with the updated 2.2.0.1-0ubuntu0~ppa1 package. However there are a few issues: This package builds the module and installs it, however whenever I restart you still need to run sudo modprobe rt3090sta for it to work. Also, I've been able to connect flawlessly to open networks but I'm not sure WPA networks work yet (I couldn't get it to connect to my network last night, but I only tried it once).

It's great to be able to use my laptop again..

-Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

do you know if it is supported in the 64-bit platform?

Beans

Yep. My MSI is x86-64 (U210).

No update on the lack of WPA support, it still does not work.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast