Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: New Macbook Ubuntu Ready???

Beans

Re: New Macbook Ubuntu Ready???

Quote Originally Posted by joka. View Post
    Did you upgrade alsa? That's weird it should be working fine... post in that thread and see if anything can help you because from what I was reading in that thread, people got their audio working perfectly and it seems from the wiki page, they resolved it. Maybe you did something wrong? If you can get it fixed please post up step by step instructions on how to do it.
    Hi joka.

Sorry, I am not willing to destroy my system one more time. I don't have the time to re-fixit. I tried twice the script but it did what I already have written in several threads (here, in another "Solved" thread, in soundcheck's thread where the script is provided as well).

I did exactly what other people did. No luck. I will postpone this "test" for later.

Regards, Nikos

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by stillingen View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, it´s Mint alright

I synced and installed grub manually. When I select Tux from the boot menu I end up with the Grub prompt, and it´s locked, it not responding to anything. Have i missed something?
    by grub prompt, you mean "grub>" ? If so, your grub was installed incorrectly (it cannot find where the config file is).

Beans

ok, i just booted up after a couple of days to fix the sound. I can't remember what i did last time, but the sound is now working on both internal and external speakers, although not so loudly.

i have this in /etc/modprobe.d/options:
    Code:
    options snd_hda_intel model=mbp3
    and i had to swith from 2ch to 6ch in gnome volume control.

Beans

ok, now the screen brighthness works too, according to that:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=977558

still no luck in tapping.

Beans

Code:
    modprobe usbhid quirks=0x05ac:0x0236:0x00020800
    rebooted and tapping works too.
    the only things really missing now are the backlight of the keyboard and swapping fn keys.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by jackoverfull View Post
    the only things really missing now are the backlight of the keyboard and swapping fn keys.
    Backlight works for me. I'm not sure what fixed it but it's been working for a while. I think one of the packages in the mactel PPA did the trick.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    by grub prompt, you mean "grub>" ? If so, your grub was installed incorrectly (it cannot find where the config file is).

Yes, that´s right. So what what´s the next step? Do I have to remove grub and install again, or can I change the reference to where the config file is?
    Haakon

Beans

after some time i found out that something was interfering with my keyboard.

at first i experienced sporadic freezes of x11, then the keyboard stopped responding at all after every startup: i could use the trakpad, but not the keyboard (internal or external).

after investigating for a while i found out that the problem was in the mbp_nvidia_bl module. i disabled it and now everything is normal again, although i can no longer change my brightness settings.

Beans

Hi,

I am new to this forum, ubuntu and mac's. So firstly, thank you for all your useful work. You have made setting up my mac fairly painless.

I have got most of the functionality I need (right click, scrolling) by following the wiki page, but I was wondering if anyone had found a fix for this:

Quote Originally Posted by waldobeer View Post
    The only thing that is a little bothersome is that you cannot do right-click dragging: right-click down, move mouse, release. I'm guessing right now it is sending mousewheel scroll because two fingers are moving, but the mouse cursor isn't. Is there any way to do this without the extra changes you were talking about to the synaptic driver?

drag: right-click down, move mouse, release
    Am I suppose to change something in 11-x11-synaptics.fdi? If so, I would be grateful if someone could post the line required. Or could someone let me know if there is an alternative fix.

(Note: I have managed to find a middle button by holding down shift, which is useful for some operations)

Many thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by jackoverfull View Post
    after some time i found out that something was interfering with my keyboard.

at first i experienced sporadic freezes of x11, then the keyboard stopped responding at all after every startup: i could use the trakpad, but not the keyboard (internal or external).

after investigating for a while i found out that the problem was in the mbp_nvidia_bl module. i disabled it and now everything is normal again, although i can no longer change my brightness settings.
    (cyberdork33 pointed me to this post in the thread dealing with display backlight.) what did you do to disable the module? did you reboot the machine or did you just unload the module?

ciao,
    Mario

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast