Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans

Angry Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Favux, I tried Kyle's solution. It seems nothing changed at all. Still no signal.

Do you have notice of anyone trying to make these bezel buttons work on tc4400? On the other hand, with proper orientation, I could try different moves here, test and report back, since I own a tc4400.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

There have been a couple of folks looking at the TCs. Don't think anyone has been active recently but I'll look around at my notes and bookmarks and see if something jogs my memory.

My best guess is it would be something along the line of Erich's fix. But if you were updating the code 'WCM_MAX_MOUSE_BUTTONS' to 'WCM_MAX_BUTTONS' etc. and still getting nowhere... But system crash?

I'm going to look that thread over a bit, maybe. Really haven't paid much attention to it before.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    My best guess is it would be something along the line of Erich's fix. But if you were updating the code 'WCM_MAX_MOUSE_BUTTONS' to 'WCM_MAX_BUTTONS' etc. and still getting nowhere... But system crash?
    Well... I'm not a Linux expert. "System crash" might sound exagerated, I agree. In fact, I got some critical failure after applying the patch, but actually I'm not able to identify it properly. There was no error reported on screen. During boot, screen turned black right after first appearance of Ubuntu's logo and got stuck. (The expected behaviour would be a blink, a second appearance of Ubuntu's logo and then the login screen.)

These symptoms were observed after every try I made on modifying wcmISDV4.c. I was still able to boot the system in terminal mode (no Unity) and recover the backup file of the driver.

I'm guessing a crash of Unity because once I tried restarting the GUI only, instead of rebooting the whole system. The same bug occurred.

Beans
    Distro

If you are using Ubuntu Precise 12.04 did you apply the frankenserver patch to xf86-input-wacom after patching wcmISDV4.c with Erich's patch? Because without the frankenserver patch xf86-input-wacom will freeze the system in Precise if the tablet is attached. Which it always is with a tablet PC.

Beans

If you are using Ubuntu Precise 12.04 did you apply the frankenserver patch to xf86-input-wacom after patching wcmISDV4.c with Erich's patch? Because without the frankenserver patch xf86-input-wacom will freeze the system in Precise if the tablet is attached. Which it always is with a tablet PC.
    Wow! I'm using PP but I didn't apply frankenserver's patch. Actually, I haven't seen any reference to this. Where can I find this patch?

UPDATE: I got something on this post http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=110408. This is what you're talking about, I assume.

Thanks.
    Last edited by gco; January 22nd, 2013 at 07:55 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Beans

That's perfect Favux. I'll try this out and report back.
    Thank you very much.

Beans

Smile Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Good news Favux. It worked! Now I have the 3 bezel buttons of my tc4400 working.

Basically I applied the following two patches to xf86-input-wacom driver:
    1. frankenserver's - from http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=110408 (section II), thanks to you =D>
    2. added the lines below to wcmIDSV4.c:801

Code:
            /* Soft keys outside tabletPC  TC4400 */
    	if ((data[0] & 0xC1)==0xC1) { 
    		switch (data[1]) {
    			case 0x01: /* Edit */
    				/*DBG(8, priv->debugLevel, ErrorF("isdv4Parse special key EDIT\n"));*/
    				/*Simulate mouse button 15 press when EDIT */
    				xf86PostButtonEvent(pInfo->dev, 1, 15, 1,0,0);
    				xf86PostButtonEvent(pInfo->dev, 1, 15, 0,0,0);
    				break;
    			case 0x02: /* Recicle */
    				/*DBG(8, priv->debugLevel, ErrorF("isdv4Parse special key RECICLE\n"));*/
    				/*Simulate mouse button 16 press when RECICLE */
    				xf86PostButtonEvent(pInfo->dev, 1, 16, 1,0,0);
    				xf86PostButtonEvent(pInfo->dev, 1, 16, 0,0,0);
    				break;
    			case 0x04: /* Quick */
    				/*DBG(8, priv->debugLevel, ErrorF("isdv4Parse special key QUICK\n"));*/
    				/*Simulate mouse button 17 press when QUICK */				
    				xf86PostButtonEvent(pInfo->dev, 1, 17, 1,0,0);
    				xf86PostButtonEvent(pInfo->dev, 1, 17, 0,0,0);
    				break;
    			default: /* Not reconized */
    				break;
    		}
    	}
    (Note that I haven't used Erich's patch here, but a modified version from this one of Igor Galarraga's.)

I downloaded xf86-input-wacom-0.19.0, made these two changes, compiled and installed. After reboot, I started catching bezel button signals with xev.

Then, all I had to do was using xbindkeys to bind mouse buttons 15, 16 and 17 respectively to Writing tool, Rotate and Q-Menu buttons. So I added the following lines to my .xbindkeysrc config file:

Code:
    # Binds TC4400's bezel buttons

# Writing tool
    # "MyScriptStylus" in my case, but "Cellwriter" is a more commom choice
    "MyScriptStylus"
       b:15 + Release

# Rotate
    # Used a script provided by Brancaleone at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1483623&page=4
    # Magick-Rotation is still responsible for automatic rotation when switching the screen from one mode to another; while this sh script deals with Rotate bezel button. Perhaps I could use only Magick-Rotation features here.
    "/usr/bin/rotator"
       b:16 + Release

# Q-Menu
    # Still trying to open Unity's launcher panel here (without using xdotool), but you can bind it to whatever you want. In my case, I set Unity's Launcher to hide when not focused, so it would be nice if I could use Q button to open/focus it. I couldn't yet find a way to do that without xdotool though.  
    "[do something]"
       b:17 + Release

This is it! Thank you very much. Your tip about frankenserver's patch was crucial.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Beautiful gco! Thank you for posting the tutorial.

Would you mind if I posted your solution on the new Tablet PC Rotation HOW TO too?

Beans

Would you mind if I posted your solution on the new Tablet PC Rotation HOW TO too?
    Of course I don't mind! Please be my guest.

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast