If your electronic device gets soaked i.e coffee on laptop or phone in water, first thing to do is unplugged it ASAP and shut it down and remove power source (battery etc). If you dont, it will fry the components and later on corrode them rendering your device as useful as nothing more than a fancy paperweight.
What you should have done is to expose the device as much as you possibly can and first manually try to dry off the what you CAN reach carefully, and then place it in dry rice and let the moisture get sucked out for at least half a day.
Once you've done that, reassemble the device and hope for the best.
Do NOT use any hairdryer or radiator or anything of the sort to dry the phone as you will destroy the components.
This thread is like Groundhog's Day. It's perpetually the day after the OP dropped his phone in the toilet.
Edit: I thought this was the thread from a long time ago where someone was talking about the same thing.