Testimonials & Experiences Forum - Guidelines for Posting.
This is the place to share your experiences of Ubuntu, both positive and negative. Please bear in mind the following when posting:
- The forum membership, staff included, are volunteers. Most are ordinary users. This is not the place to address concerns to Canonical, the Ubuntu design team or the developers, nor is it the place for bug reports.
- Requests for support should not be posted here, but in the technical support areas of the forum. Support requests will be moved to an appropriate area.
- This is not the place for full-scale debate or vigorous discussion, but feedback to the original poster is welcome.
- In keeping with a vote by the forum membership which followed a discussion about the management of this section of the forum, threads will now be closed one week after the time of the original post. This is to allow limited discussion. No closure note will be posted to the thread. Staff may close a thread before this time if it strays from these guidelines or contravenes the forum Code of Conduct.
- Remember the forum Code of Conduct. If you have had a bad experience, please take a deep breath before posting. Ranting can encourage hostile replies. If you see a hostile original post, please take a deep breath before replying!
Should you wish to provide feedback and ideas to the developer or designer teams, or to report bugs, here are some useful links:
This post is a collaborative effort by the forum staff.