Presentations on Linux backups. Enjoy:
* Backup Overview - Got Backup Religion?
* Back-In-Time Snapshots - not really good for system backups - GREAT for personal HOME backups
* rdiff-backup - great all around backup tool. Easy replacement for rsync hacks.
I hope these help someone.
* Gather HDD Data with Boot Info
* Correct 95+% common boot issues Boot Repair
Learn Linux/Ubuntu Security. That's a big topic.
* Basic Security
* More Security
* Versioned Backups are #1 Security Technique
* System Configuration Management is the #2 Security Technique: Ansible, Puppet, Cf Engine, Chef, Rex, Salt and Orchestration
* Monitoring is #3 Security Technique
** Desktops: http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/11/5...ols-for-ubuntu
** Servers more complicated. Nagios, OpenNMS, Cacti, Munin, SysUsage, Splunk, ... etc.
* Why run Ubuntu LTS?
* Linux 101 - Log Files
* Linux 101 - Know YOUR Hardware
* Backup Best Practices
* Secure SSH More
Beware of Hat