PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] compiz desktop effects.

luckydeveloper
December 1st, 2008, 02:48 PM
hi,
i have compiz configuration manager installed in my ubuntu. when i minimize a window, i want to get the "fire" like animation..i guess u understand what i am talkin about( i mean, the window should go to ashes when i minimize it), but i dont know where to enable that animation and change the settings in compiz configuration manager.

please help
thanks

fr.theo
December 1st, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hi,

Just a few questions have you enabled visual effects from System>> Preferences>> Appearance, under the tab Visual effects and selected Extras?

and are you also requiring themes on your desktop?

if you have done all that then goto Systems>> Preferences>> Advanced Desktop Effects Settings, it should bring up the compiz configuration manager windows and from there you should be able to modify the effects you want.

__Ryan__
December 1st, 2008, 03:02 PM
I find it easiest to use the simple CCSM, it gives you a more intuitive interface for configuring compiz.

sudo aptitude install simple-ccsm

Once installed go to Animations, enable extra animations, then select the burn animation for whatever window action you wish.

tjwoosta
December 1st, 2008, 04:52 PM
I find it easiest to use the simple CCSM, it gives you a more intuitive interface for configuring compiz.

simple-ccsm works great for most of the configuration of compiz, but if you are really serious about customizing your desktop to its fullest extent, i would go with the regular CCSM

you should be able to find it in the add/remove programs list under the applications menu

simply set it to search for "all available applications" and find CCSM (compiz config settings manager)