PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Bluetooth Scanner in AIO not detected but Printer is

OceanWinds
November 30th, 2008, 11:15 PM
This is my first post, and I am new to Ubuntu/Linux... so I will thankyou in advance for your patience.

I have just bought an HP C5580 all in one printer. It is a bluetooth ready unit. The printer works just fine after installing hplip 2.8.10... but it is not detected by the hp toolbox, but that is ok because the printer works regardless. I am under the impression that Ubuntu has the necessary framework to run the printer driver with a bluetooth connection. It is also my understanding that hplip does not support bluetooth at this time.

Now what I want to do is get the scanner in the AIO unit working via bluetooth aswell. The computer can detect the unit, but open-office, gimp, xsane, sane, and the hp-toolbox cannot detect the scanner at all. I am under the impression that these do not have bluetooth support. But it confuses me because there appears to be the framework already for the scanning to work. Because if ubuntu can take a printer driver and get it to work via bluetooth, I dont see how it would be much different to get the scanner to work the same way.

After searching for about a week, I am hoping that someone can give me an answer.

Thankyou in advance for you replies,

Oceanwinds

P.S. I have already checked the scanner setting under 'users and groups'.