PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] SiS Graphice Card not detected

m.xmen
November 30th, 2008, 10:04 PM
hey brothers,i'm new in the linux world i just installed the ubuntu 8.04 ,i have Plug'n'play Screen ,and SiS 662_M662MX_M662 ,the problem is i have a realy bad resolution for my screen it's too big my last choice of resolution it's 800x600,and ther is no driver to my graphice card i tried to find it but i didn't find a thing,ubuntu detect my graphice card as SiS Real 256E,and my card is not this type,so please i need some help...

overdrank
December 1st, 2008, 04:39 AM
hey brothers,i'm new in the linux world i just installed the ubuntu 8.04 ,i have Plug'n'play Screen ,and SiS 662_M662MX_M662 ,the problem is i have a realy bad resolution for my screen it's too big my last choice of resolution it's 800x600,and ther is no driver to my graphice card i tried to find it but i didn't find a thing,ubuntu detect my graphice card as SiS Real 256E,and my card is not this type,so please i need some help...

Hi and welcome, You can try the command
gksu displayconfig-gtk and adjust your resolution there. If it fails then you can boot into recovery mode which is usually the second choice from the grub and use the xfix option to correct the graphics issues.