PDA

View Full Version : [other] [SOLVED] JabRef

Norfeldt
November 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Hey All

Sorry to bring this.. But I don't know where to go with this problem..
I need a referencemanager at my work. I using dual Ubuntu and Vista (only because my work says [-( to new things as Ubuntu..)
I can't get Refman11 to work and don't wanna use much time on it because it do not support Linux.. I want to use JabRef, but have some problems with it.. Perhaps anyone here knows a thing or two about it?
First I'll start with it on Vista (because it's beginning to become urgent that I make it work and I think its the same way to do it on Ubuntu).
I downloaded the bibtex4word and placed in the C:\Users\Norfeldt\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\S TART as said.
The I open Word 2007 press the folder button the and chose the database.bib-file. - No problem so far
Then I press [+] and type A:the_name_of_an_author and here come the first 2 problems.
1: I don't like the coding thing.. Just wanna choose the article in JabRef and export the citation. How to do that?
2: The citation looks like this [,the_name_of_an_author] which is not nice. Why the , at the beginning? Could it just not make a number or [the_name_of_an_author]
Then I want to end the pagde making a list of alle the citations but when I press the the button I get an error(se the attacth file).. Is this a file I have to make og download?

madsmeg
November 30th, 2008, 07:55 PM
http://www.medicalnerds.com/how-to-use-jabrefbibtex-with-microsoft-word-2003/ not sure how much help this is

Norfeldt
November 30th, 2008, 08:04 PM
I have seen this.. But it dosn't say anything about the error.. perhaps it's because Im using Vista and MS O 2007 and not MS O 2003. I downloading the MikTeX 2.7 now to see if this helps..

Norfeldt
November 30th, 2008, 08:18 PM
sorry.. now I see that it said something about it in the replies.. But I find it difficult to know what to do.. Still reading it

Norfeldt
November 30th, 2008, 10:09 PM
Okay found the problem..
I forgot to download MiKTEX... and after some time I realised I forgot to install it:lol: (thought it did it automaticly) and know it works like a charme...