PDA

View Full Version : [other] [SOLVED] ibm thinkpad numpad error?

SpenceMakesSense
November 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
So I dont know what happened but on my old ibm thinkpad it turned my right side of the keyboard into a numpad. So for instance "jkl" is "456". Its running windows 2000. Anyone know whats wrong?

angryfirelord
November 30th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Does the same problem occur if you load up Ubuntu?

SpenceMakesSense
November 30th, 2008, 07:31 PM
eh..i can't too old to run a live cd. But it doesnt do it at the log in screen only in my desktop. So i figure i must have triggered something?

nhasian
November 30th, 2008, 07:43 PM
sounds like your [fn] function key on your keyboard is enabled or held down. it may be called something similar on your keyboard, but it allows you to use specials keys like scrolllock, print screen, etc.

m_l17
November 30th, 2008, 08:17 PM
You enabled it by accident, this has happened to me in the past. I don't remember the right key combo. Just play around with the keys fn+Numlock shift+Numlock etc..

SpenceMakesSense
November 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
You enabled it by accident, this has happened to me in the past. I don't remember the right key combo. Just play around with the keys fn+Numlock shift+Numlock etc..
thanks that helped. I just did random key combinations with numlock and it eventually worked i think it was either control or shift key