PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Will not turn on!

nilsolaris
November 30th, 2008, 05:55 PM
There is a sleep button on my keyboard, which yesterday i accidently hit it for the first time. This made ubuntu shut down so i thought but actually it seems to be in some sort of sleep mode. When i turn my computer on the power button just flashes, and nothing involving the monitor, keyboard nor mouse happens! Is there any way i can get this working again!? Any help would be highly appricated!!!

redseventyseven
November 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
"Sleep" functionality is one of those things which isn't quite right yet. It works properly for some computers and not for others. For example, my laptop wakes up fine after being put to sleep, but my desktop doesn't; both machines are Dells. Try googling "wake up after sleep ubuntu" (or similar) for more information.

nilsolaris
November 30th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Thank you for the reply, ill keep searching. (:

This does not seem to be working as all the problems involving sleep errors are woth laptops. This is with a ACER 5100 and again will not reconize the monitor, keyboard nor mouse. Only the tower stays on and flashes..

redseventyseven
November 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Thank you for the reply, ill keep searching. (:

This does not seem to be working as all the problems involving sleep errors are woth laptops. This is with a ACER 5100 and again will not reconize the monitor, keyboard nor mouse. Only the tower stays on and flashes..

Not quite true - as I said before, my laptop wakes up properly but my desktop doesn't.