PDA

View Full Version : [other] Won't connect to DWL-650

lady_hybrid
November 30th, 2008, 04:14 AM
To start off I'm not a computer whiz I can't type code or hack I'm just ur basic user that seems to have gotten lost along the way. I have no idea what's going on I have a D-Link Air DWL-650 card I went through the trouble shooting thing and it recognizes the device. Apparently it recognizes that it's on when I did the iwconfig it said the ESSID but when I tried to boot the kernel with the pci=noacpi nothing happened. Tell me what I'm doing wrong and let urselves feel superior to my measly intellect. As I said the only reason I even touched the terminal was cause the trouble shooter told me to otherwise I would never have touched it:confused: Help please

Fir3chi3f
November 30th, 2008, 08:45 AM
download the windows driver for your card and put it in your home folder (under 'Places', at the top of your screen). unzip it

copy and paste this into the terminal and hit enter:

sudo apt-get install ndiswrapper-common ndiswrapper-utils-1.9 ndisgtk

Then go to System>Administration>Windows Wireless Drivers

Type in your password and direct it to your wireless driver you downloaded earlier, specifically the file with .inf at the end of it.

Reboot and post back if it doesn't work

Good Luck!

Death_Sargent
December 27th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Is there a way to do this in Kubuntu without networking since I can't find the laptops wired networking card.