PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Unable to activate Network Manager to establish dial up

rainerfeyer
November 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I hope this is not a duplicate - I tried this post about 3 hours ago but can't see it, so, I must have made a mistake.

here I am: I am very new to Ubuntu and Linux. So far, all I can say is: Hats off!

I was able to easily enter my wireless broadband network at home, but, at my office where I only have Dial-up available, and having installed Ubuntu as well, i can not find anything for the set up of a dial-up connection.
I found that I need a network manager hich I can not find anythere on the menu (looked throughout System menu tree).

I did find the NM-app with the file search, but, double clicking on it, or trying to launch it with the application launcher has no effect at all - nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Rainer

hemantbabu
November 30th, 2008, 02:33 PM
i have been facing the same problem. I am using dell vostro 1510 and had a fresh installation of ubuntu 8.10. surprisingly in the first few boots network manager icon appeared in the taskbar but then it disappeared and I just cant figure out how to get it back. please help.