PDA

View Full Version : [other] When one laptop connects to the wireless connection, my laptop gets disconnected.

burn84
November 28th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Guys,

Here is the problem. My house has a wireless router which I can normally connect to and surf the net. My cousin comes and brings his laptop along, and I cant seem to surf the net anymore nor connect back to the wireless connection/network. I checked his pc for spyware/malware etc but after scanning and removal of whatever rubbish that was there(on my cousins laptop), the problem still persists.

I am scouring across the internet, googling every single keyword/phrase that I can think off but still no luck. Any pros here that can help me out? 8)

squaregoldfish
November 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Wild stab in the dark from me :)

Could it be that your wireless router is somehow assigning the same IP address to both machines? I've seen this cause similar issues on managed networks.

Steve.

superprash2003
November 28th, 2008, 04:52 PM
do you use a dialer to connect to the internet?? or does the internet work as soon as you switch on the router/

burn84
November 30th, 2008, 05:11 AM
squaregoldfish:

Hey dude, it assigns a different ip for both my laptop and my cousin's laptop.

superprash2003:

It already has been configured in the router's interface to dial up automatically.

superprash2003
December 1st, 2008, 04:37 PM
which wifi router do you have?? try resetting your wifi router