View Full Version : [kubuntu] DHCP problems on upgrade to 8.10
November 27th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I just upgraded to 8.10 and (as always seems to happen) I have a new array of problems connecting to wireless networks. I'm using Madwifi and rebuilt it for the new kernel. I can scan for networks okay, but can't get an IP address from my network (unencrypted). When I 'sudo dhclient wlan0', I just get a series of "DHCPDISCOVER on wlan0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 4" followed by "No DHCPOFFERS received". Any suggestions? What did everybody else have to do with dhcpclient.conf after upgrading?
November 28th, 2008, 03:10 AM
...guess nobody has any insight. I'll keep looking on Google.
November 28th, 2008, 04:33 AM
Okay, so I built MadWifi off of a snapshot (dated 11/05) and also installed dhcpcd (which I don't know if that has anything to do with it) and now it's working. Go figure.
November 28th, 2008, 05:36 AM
...and it's broken again. It worked for about 10 minutes, stopped, and now I can't reconnect.
November 28th, 2008, 09:15 AM
My wired interface connects okay, leading me to believe that this is a driver issue, not a DHCP issue. I'm now using the ath5k that I built myself from the source as of 11/26.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2015 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.