PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] cannot see own network

Sbarton
November 27th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Hi all! Being new to wireless I am struggling a little to get it to work in Ubuntu.The problem: I have a wired PC and a wireless laptop with Atheros AR5009 card. I have ndiswrapper installed and followed some forum advice to get wireless running. The blue light (wireless) is showing and I can see some wireless networks now, but cannot see my own. Can someone help me to enable or get to see my own network. I have no problem with the wired ETHO connection.
regards

Sbarton
November 28th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Bump anyone!!Other info is that I cannot see any network drivers in System/Admin/Hardware drivers, only Nvidea grahics drivers?
regards

superprash2003
November 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
are you able to see your wifi network from some other pc?? maybe something wrong with wifi router wireless config

Sbarton
November 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Thanks for your reply superprash2003. I can use wireless in MS Windows, but Ubuntu is not picking my network up. I can see other wireless networks in ubuntu except mine. 2 things come to mind, (a) I have not configured it correctly (b) I cannot see any network drivers in hardware drivers except graphics. So maybe a problem there. How I proceed from here is my problem so any help is appreciated. I have seen a number of posts that have had difficulty with the Atheros AR5009 but I am new to 'wireless' and need some pointers. It is probably my ignorance of wireless!
regards

Sbarton
December 3rd, 2008, 09:18 PM
Sorry to come back to this post but I still have not solved my problem. Just to go over it again, I have Dual boot with 'Vista'.
I can see and use Wireless in Vista but not Ubuntu! The Wireless adapter I have is Atheros AR5009 (ar928x). If I look in Hardware drivers it is not present.Can someone hrlp with this problem,
Thanks
regards

Sbarton
December 23rd, 2008, 05:16 PM
For what it is worth! After trying lots of things I eventually changed the router wireless channel which was on channel 13 to channel 6. It was after this that I was the able to see and connect to my wireless network.
regards