PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with my TRENDnet TEW-623PI driver

nintendude7cubed
November 27th, 2008, 06:27 PM
So to begin. I just installed ubuntu 8.10 intrepid. I was really excited because it detected my nvidia graphics card right off the bat and needed the driver.. of course i couldn't get this because i didn't have my wireless internet working. So i figured out how to get the NDISwrapper (which for some reason i couldn't find in 8.04. After doing this i got the .inf file i needed and ran the windows wireless driver client and put the file in. Sadly, it said it's an invalid driver. My question is, is there any way that i could find a .inf file for like a different wireless pci card that is compatible and somehow make it work? otherwise, is there a way to edit the .inf file so it will work? Be detailed because i'm terrible at figuring things out on my own. BTW i used blender 3d in ubuntu after getting the tarball off of the site using windows, and (without the graphics driver) it actually loads faster (and with one less window) than windows and renders so much more responsively! This is the main reason I would like to not lose hope in finding this.