PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] route not set up after dhclient?

nafur
November 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Hello,

I have a notebook with Ubuntu intrepid...
wireless drivers are working, but i have problems with my routes.

I mainly use two different networks, one at home and one at university (both wpa2, at home personal with psk, at university this enterprise stuff... called eduroam if anyone knows ist...)

I configured it via wpa_supplicant. When I connect, everything is fine (usually) and after some seconds, my device is "associated to ***" and "key negotiation completed". Then I run dhclient, and it works (device is bound to some ip I get from dhcp. before all this is started, I take eth0 (wired lan) down so that it can't do any harm...

At university, everything is fine now: I can access the internet and everything is routed correctly.
But at home, it fails... I assume that something is wrong with the routes, as "route" prints out the localhost-route but hangs than for about 2 or 3 minutes before it finally prints the correct route to the network. Anyway, I'm not able to ping anything, not even the IP of the router i got my ip from...
Sometimes it suddenly works, but that usually takes from 5 up to 30 minutes, sometimes it doesn't work at all for hours. But anyway, it stops working again after a few minutes.

my wpa_supplicant.conf looks like this:

network={
ssid="eduroam"
priority=11
key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
eap=TTLS
phase2="auth=PAP"
identity="*****"
ca_cert="/etc/ssl/certs/eduroam-chain.pem"
anonymous_identity="*****"
password="*****"
}
network={
ssid="*****"
group=CCMP
pairwise=CCMP
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
#psk="*****"
psk=*****
}

Does anyone has any idea why this happens? I'm running out of anything i can think of :(