PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Fujitsu Lifebook S2020

randytan
November 27th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Hi All!

Will Ubuntu work on a Fujitsu Lifebook S2020 with the following specs?

Processor: AMD Athlon XP-M 2100 processor 500 MB Cache
RAM: 512MB x2 (1GB) Transcend DDR266
HD: 80GB
13.3 XGA TFT Screen
ATI Radeon IGP with 3D and M-Peg-2 Maximun 128 MB
Atheros WLAN WiFi certified 802.11 D/54G
Internal DVD/CD-RW combo drive

I'll be inheriting my aunt's unit come January and I'm planning on getting rid of the windows XP currently installed in it (she was complaining that it's running painfully slow anyways) and using Ubuntu with it. :KS

While I've used some basic unix before, this will be the first time I will be using it as a dedicated OS. Based from what I read, it will be a big improvement. It'll be great to run something different and more reliable. :guitar:

Thanks and hope to hear from y'all soon.

Best regards!

tang0delta
November 27th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Hi,

Your specs look fine to run Ubuntu but before installing you should make yourself aware of any compatibility issues you might run into with some of the components. I do know that ATI graphics cards and Atheros wireless units can present some problems but dont let this deter you! I have ATI graphics and thanks to some of the genious linux devs out there its running fine. My friend was also able to get his Atheros card working flawlessly. Just remember that whatever your trying to get working there's probably a how-to for it somewhere on these forums.

Good luck anyway. Hope you enjoy Ubuntu!

--
tang0delta

barjani
April 3rd, 2010, 03:15 PM
Hi,

Your spec just fine to work with ubuntu, I succesfully install ubuntu netbook remix 9.10 karmic on Fujitsu S2020. Actualy I just use 256 MB memory, looks fine to me but its to slow... :-( I must have another 256 MB again or I upgrade to 1 GB mem :-D.

Hope enjoy with ubuntu...