PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] [SOLVED] Need to recover wireless router password

arashiko28
November 27th, 2008, 03:25 AM
I have a Linksys WRT54G wireless router, and today tried to put a password for connecting to the internet and not to be widely available. but when I entered to the router address and to Internet> wireless basic security, I don't know what happened, the net disconnected and now asks me for a password that I don't know, because obviously I didn't put it.

How Can I take it back to it's fabric configuration?

Pleaaase help!!! I don't know what to do!!:confused::confused:

damis648
November 27th, 2008, 03:29 AM
Try username: admin
and password: admin

EDIT: Or are you referring to a WEP/WPA key for wireless?

Nikmaster0
November 27th, 2008, 03:29 AM
You can completely reset it by unplugging it for 20 secs while holding in the reset button on the back. That'll take all the settings off it and restore to factory settings.
EDIT: or you could use the suggestion above, which are the default login info.

arashiko28
November 27th, 2008, 02:46 PM
No, is asking me for a WEP or WAP key, the key is for logging in the internet, to get into the router settings, I can do that with a LAN cable trough the wireless router.

rlzyoner
November 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry if i'm getting this wrong, but you CAN access the router via hardwire but when you want to go wireless, its asking you for either a WEP or WPA key ?
If this is the case, check out the wireless setting from within the router and this should shed some light on the security settings.

Apologies if i've gotten this wrong

arashiko28
November 28th, 2008, 05:10 AM
you were right about the oddity. But today, when I tried, it simply connected on it's own, no key, nothing, the computer connected alone :confused::confused::confused: what happen? Not even I know:confused::confused::confused: But thanks to all.