PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with my new HP ML350 G5 Server

valli69
November 27th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Hi,
last week i buyed a new HP ML350 G5 Server.
But my problem is, i canīt install the Ubuntu Server 64-bit
System. The startup and installation works very well. After the
complete Installation, the system want to reboot and after that, there is no bootable partition... ???
Had anyboby the same problems ??

System:

Xeon Quad-Core 64-bit
16GB FB-Dimm
4x SAS HD in Raid 1+0 with E200 controller (128mb ram)
but in a setup with just ohne single hd, iīce got the same problems.

cheers

Philio
November 27th, 2008, 04:19 AM
This sounds like an issue someone had a few days ago with another HP server, suggested they tried 8.04 as that worked fine on my HP servers but they didn't reply to the post to say if it worked or not so not sure if this is your solution! It might be worth a try though - it doesn't take long to install, if you do try and it and does work let me know as I have a couple more HP servers to setup soon!

vinster
January 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Philio,
Firstly I'll apologise for the guy who didn't reply to your offer of help. I came across this thread after a google. I get error 15 when I try to reboot from the HDD after successful installation of Intrepid server. At this moment I'm trying the standard desktop install to see if the same problems occur. I have 2x60gb HDD mirrored so I didn't use the raid option in setup. I successfully installed Heron desktop. If this goes ok I'll try 8.04LTS and let you know. Basically I only need this for a small network of 6 PCs to run XP pro in virtual server so I can run sage line 50.

Thanks in advance.

system dual core xeon 1.86GHz
RAM 1GB
E200 controller