PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Apache2 Password Protect

lateralus01
November 26th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I am hosting a site with apache2 and I password protected it. My problem is, once I type in the password once my IP is cached somewhere because I'm never asked for a password again unless I try to connect from a different IP. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Lateralus01

sammy_pal
November 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I am hosting a site with apache2 and I password protected it. My problem is, once I type in the password once my IP is cached somewhere because I'm never asked for a password again unless I try to connect from a different IP. Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Lateralus01
I don't think the server is caching your ip address. Most probably, your browser is saving the authenticated session. Try clearing your browsers cache and authenticated sessions. (Clear private data - if your are using Firefox) and then accessing the site again.

lateralus01
November 29th, 2008, 02:44 AM
I don't think the server is caching your ip address. Most probably, your browser is saving the authenticated session. Try clearing your browsers cache and authenticated sessions. (Clear private data - if your are using Firefox) and then accessing the site again.

yep you were right, doing that and logging in with a different browser required me to enter a password again.

thanks,
lateralus01