PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Rocketfish USB Gaming Headset

supersteviobros
November 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
I have a Rocketfish USB Gaming Headset - it has earphones and a microphone.
I'm trying to get this to work in Ubuntu. It seems to recognize that a USB audio device is connected, because when I connect it and go to the volume control, there is an option for selecting "USB Device 0xd8c:0x0c (Alsa mixer)" and there are volume controls for audio and mic

The only part that works is the mic feed, i.e. I can turn on the mic and hear my voice through the headset, but when I try to listen to something like a Youtube video, there is no sound in the headset, but it plays through the speakers

I've tried connecting it while the OS is running, and before I turn on the computer, with the same results.

starcannon
November 26th, 2008, 08:27 PM
I use a logitech USB headset, and find that I have to fiddle about with the sound settings:
System>Preferences>Sound
I usually set it to my USB sound device in each of the drop downs, set it to the default mixer device, and get success that way. A little trial and error with this will likely get you rolling.

GL

markbuntu
November 27th, 2008, 04:29 AM
I use the pulseaudio volume control (pavucontrol) for my usb headset, my usb webcam, and my two sound cards. It makes life very easy. More on that here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=843012