PDA

View Full Version : [other] How can I put visitor comments on a web page?

Liviu-Theodor
November 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I have a page on a server administrated by me. I know it knows php, but I don't, and I need php to do what I want. What I want is to put some code to permit visitors to insert comments on my page. I already know how to permit them to give me comments on e-mail. Does anyone know how to do it? Or some adresses to php tutorials (for novices, preferable)?

amac777
November 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
You have to be very careful allowing visitors to post comments on a webpage. The PHP code you write/use needs to make sure it removes malicious code that some visitors will try to post. This includes simple functions like allowing you to erase spam such as links to unwanted websites, or on the other extreme, preventing dangerous scripts that would harm your other visitors or even compromise your server depending on how bad the PHP script is implemented.

So if you are not yet skilled in PHP coding and security, I would recommend you don't just throw up some PHP program you don't understand and are not going to properly maintain.

That said, a google search for "php comment form" or "php comment script" will probably give you lots of examples of stuff that's available.

Liviu-Theodor
November 26th, 2008, 09:54 AM
So for now, it will be better to allow visitors just to e-mail me and if the comment is useful and related to the subject, I will put manually in the page? And probably is also better to make an e-mail specially for this.

Liviu-Theodor
November 27th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Or will be beter to start a forum somewhere else than my server (a webserver specifically designed to host forums), and at my page to just link to that forum?

Liviu-Theodor
November 27th, 2008, 12:02 PM
In other places where I have asked, some reccommended me to use a CMS (content management system) system, but with different opinions: joomla, drupal, imoodle. Anyone to give me further information about these? I understood I must put them on the webserver, and on which folder.

February 19th, 2009, 01:57 AM
A friend of mine developed a PHP and MySQL-based script which allows a webmaster to permit visitors to add comments to any HTML or PHP web page. You can add the comment feature to any web page by simply pasting some code in the selected web pages.

I know it's been popular for those who are into article marketing or use PLR content. By allowing visitors to comment on your videos, articles or other content, it provides fresh content which is topic-related to the search engines. Another popular use is for those to write reviews about software, restaurants, personal experiences, etc.

The script is packed full of features including the option to automatically publish comments or you can approve them as the admin before they are posted. It also uses a captcha to prevent spambot submissions. You can even limit the number of comments for each web page where the script is in use.

http://www.visitorcomments.net

Best of luck to you!