PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] HPF4280 is not scanning

absolutezero1287
November 25th, 2008, 05:41 AM
I have an HP Deskjet F4280 and it prints just fine but I can't get it to scan. I try pressing the scan button and nothing happens. I use Xsane and it doesn't detect it.

GrahamM
December 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
I have an HP Deskjet F4280 and it prints just fine but I can't get it to scan. I try pressing the scan button and nothing happens. I use Xsane and it doesn't detect it.

I have a Deskjet 4180. It prints fine and I think I have the right driver. I can scan from Xsane, but the scan button dies nothing. Mind you, in W2K, it does nothing either because HP don't have a driver for W2K. In XP, it does work if the full software install is done. But, this software seemed buggy and that is why I now have my wife's printer ;)

No big problem, but it would be nice to get the button working. Probably need HP software?

theozzlives
December 17th, 2008, 07:33 PM
I have an Epson Stylus CX8400 that for the life of me couldn't get the scanner to work until I installed Alpha 1 of Jaunty Jackalope, but it's in Alpha so I don't recommend it. For now try:

sudo apt-get install libsane-extras
See if that works for you.

absolutezero1287
December 19th, 2008, 02:27 AM
I have the libsane-extras installed. :(
This is really annoying. I don't scan much but it would still be nice for it to work.