PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.10, no sound after update, (on a TX1000 notebook)

linuxishard
November 24th, 2008, 08:32 PM
hi, i have a hp pavilion tx1138ea (or TX1000 for what its worth).
i recently installed 8.10 and it worked just fine from the word go, with regards to basic hardware such as video and sound etc,
but after installing the latest updates for my system, the sound just crackles, i really have no idea how to fix it since i never had to set it up in the first place, it just worked. there are a few posts about sound issues with previous versions of ubuntu but none seem to be relevant to my problem..
any help with this would be greatly appreciated, my laptop is running of a usb key at the moment since my HD is totaly destroyed, all my laptop is for is music, its a glorified jukebox, no sound, no joy. if anyone else has even installed 8.10 on a tx1000 please share your experiance, ususaly setting up the tx is a monster task, but 8.10 seemed so easy until this sound issue.

i havent used linux since breezy so if you want me to give some outputs or anything youl have to tell me how, but uvcourse ill be happy to.

thanx

VincenzoAMD64
November 30th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Hi,
we are discussing the same thread in:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=928932

as I stated there I had the same problems with audio when upgrading my TX1000 from 8.04 to 8.10, after few days the updates of pulse audio server have come automatically and.... the audio starts to work!
Unfortunately few days after, I don't know the cause, the audio does not work again.

It is something related to the alsa-driver and the kernel version.

Bye
Vink