PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 8.04, Soundbalster Audigy 2 SB0240P, mic will not work, cannot get capture tab

dv-design
November 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Hello,

I have spent the better part of 2 days trying to get my mic to work in ubuntu. The mic is functional as it works on my windows box.

I have went to volume control and went edit>preferences, and i have checked every single box possbile, but i only have these tabs...Playback, recording, switches, options. I cannot get a capture tab to show up.

Oddly enough, my mic is picking up sound...i can hear my voice in my speakers...but recording level monitor doesnt pick up any input and skype says i have a capture problem when i try and test call.

I have literally only used Ubuntu/Linux for a few days so if more info is needed please tell me how to get it and ill gladly post it here. I have scoured the forums here and google searches looking for an answer.

The last alternative is to swap out the audigy 2 for something a bit more simple like onboard ac97 (which is disabled in bios) or for a sb live 5.1. Id prefer to simply get the mic to work with what i have installed tho, if possible. Thanks.