PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu ans RD with thin clients

compuco
November 24th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Hi I have poseted this before but not received a reply so I am trying again. I am new to ubuntu, currently I have neoware thin clients connecting to a windows machine enabling all my household to have a computer on their tv. The problem with this is it only works with windows server / terminal server, using xp only allows 1 user at any one time. Can this be done on a computer running ubuntu as I would like all users (4) to access this at the same time if required. Many Thanks.

compuco
November 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM
:(try another forum as this one does not seem too interested.

Cammy
November 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
When you made your initial post, it was 4am on the east coast of the US. It might take a bit longer than one hour to receive a reply.

compuco
November 24th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your reply, I had originaly posted this 3 days ago so thats why I may have seemed a little dissolussioned with it.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=989027&highlight=multiple+user

Anyhow still asking the question so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

compuco
November 30th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Have now got ubuntu working with tightvnc and can connect multiple users (windows). The machines I would still like to connect are Neoware C50 thin clients, at present I can connect these to 2003 server using RDP5 which is fine except we do not want thin client machines on our server but to use a linux workstation instead. The software on the thin clients is neoware v 3.0 and the protcols available are citrix ica, neoware rdp5, terminal server and teamtalk terminal. Has anybody had any experience with this or could someone recommend another source of info. Thanks.