View Full Version : [ubuntu] Wireless issues after using ndiswrapper

November 24th, 2008, 03:57 AM
I'm running hardy heron. I used ndiswrapper to get my broadcom wlan card to work on my Dell laptop, and it worked great. But then the enclosure I keep my ubuntu drive in failed. Now that I've got that working again, my wireless doesn't work. I can configure the adapter, but if I go into network tools, it shows me wlan0, but says that the adapter is not present. I've checked to make sure that the os was seeing the adapter. If I had hair I'd be pulling it out, so any help would be appreciated.

November 24th, 2008, 04:17 AM
is the module still enabled? Perhaps repeat all the steps in setting up your driver. I don't exactly understand what you mean by the "enclosure" you keep ubuntu in. Is that a partition or a wubi file or what?

December 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I have my Ubuntu drive in an external enclosure. It connects USB to my laptop, and I have the laptop set to boot to USB devices, so I can use Ubuntu as it was installed on my laptop without having to have a dual boot system. That way if I screw up my Ubuntu install I can just wipe that drive and start over.

I'll have a look at the module, but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for.