PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Repeatedly press enter

donwerner04
November 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
Not sure if this is the right post, but it is happening when I'm trying to install 8.10 on an HP Laptop.
When the ubuntu screen comes up after I select my language to keep the progress bar moving I have to repeatedly press enter.
Any help on this would be awesome, it's my wifes laptop and she has been hounding me about it. Thanks.

Mr_JMM
November 23rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
??

How long did you leave it before pressing any buttons? Could it not just be installing slowly?

donwerner04
November 23rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Well after "entering" away it is now installed, but upon reboot every time i must continue to hit enter for the progress bar to move. Pretty strange huh?

donwerner04
November 23rd, 2008, 11:33 PM
Funny new development, it's not just the enter key, but any key on the keyboard that will cause it to boot up.

babybugs1980
January 4th, 2009, 04:09 AM
You're not the only one, I had to do the same on my HP DV9908ca laptop tonight when I setup it up to dual boot 8.10 with Vista Home Premium. I've been counting and the average amount of times I need to hit a key on the keyboard is 23. I haven't yet tried to see if clicking the mouse gives the same result. I'll get my chance if the 219 updates don't contain the fix after a reboot!

evrkusd
February 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
i'm having the same issue. did you find any sort of solution?