PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Uninstalling Snort

scribbles
November 23rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
I'm trying to follow bodhi.zazen's intrusion detection guide to setup snort but I already had the repo's version installed and want to uninstall the version I have in, including snort-mysql. I went to /etc/snort and tried make unnstall and got
make: Nothing to be done for `/etc/snort'.
make: *** No rule to make target `uninstall'. Stop.

Note: Went back and ran apt-get upgrade and it said that there was one package of 0b that needed to be updated. After than ran 'dpkg-reconfigure -plow snort-mysql' which was a command shown in the installer if you did not yet have a mysql db ready to go and it said

/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: snort-mysql is broken or not fully installed

Michael.Godawski
November 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Can you please post a link to bodhi's instructions you were following?

I went to /etc/snort and tried make unnstall and got How do you went? Do you mean in terminal? What exactly did you do? :)

ajgreeny
November 23rd, 2008, 05:07 PM
Have you looked in synaptic? Many applications, even if not installed that way, still show there and can be uninstalled using it.

scribbles
November 23rd, 2008, 05:08 PM
Bodhi's guide here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=919472). I went into konsole and ran 'make uninstall' from there. Are there any additional parameters I'm supposed to use? If pkgs 'snort' and 'snort-mysql' were retrieved via apt-get, does apt have its own remove command I can use?

Michael.Godawski
November 23rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
usually it's

sudo apt-get remove xxx