PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gnome power manager / volume control / firefox problems...

victorcrane
November 23rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Hi folks, just a couple of issues currently annoying me to death. I'm running intrepid on a dell inspiron 1300 laptop.

Firstly, for the last couple of weeks, almost every time I try to shut the laptop down it tells me that the Gnome power manager is running and asks me to wait or force quit. I always force quit as if you wait it just sits there forever.

Second, whenever I run firefox, the first time I click the bookmarks list to select a site, rather than simply opening the drop down list it automatically bookmarks whatever page I'm on at the time, which is just so very annoying. This never happened until the most recent update.

Lastly, whenever I turn my volume up or down using my keyboard control, the little graphic box that comes up in the centre of the screen just gets stuck there, showing a corrupt mash of whatever was behind it. It'll usually stay there about ten minutes before it vanishes and everything returns to normal. Again, this never happened until the last update.

Any ideas? Little things I know but very annoying all the same.