jyxxie
November 23rd, 2008, 05:36 AM
Title says it all.

Ran it in terminal to see if it could give me an error; here's the log:

jyx@jyx-lappy:~$ pidgin
Segmentation fault
jyx@jyx-lappy:~$

Does anyone know why this is?

On an unrelated note, I can't listen to newgrounds audio music through their little.. flash portal thing. Even though youtube works fine.

Please help. I'm tired of having Pidgin close out while I'm in chats. Thank you!

jyxxie
November 24th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Anybody?

santy_kushwaha
November 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
just a side question are u using wireless or LAN?

jyxxie
November 24th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I've got a wired connection to a cable modem.

And when I say pidgin dies, it doesn't just disconnect. It completely closes itself out and disappears from sight, dead.

jyxxie
November 28th, 2008, 06:56 AM
Please somebody help, I can't work with this; it's happened five times already today and I don't know what to do. Windows is filled with viruses and slow as can be, and pidgin keeps doing this--and firefox even did it a few times too.

What's causing this?

bcd87
November 28th, 2008, 09:22 AM
A segmentation fault is a memory error, that's all I know about that. Maybe you could try to run some kind of memtest (isn't there one in the GRUB boot options?) and see if there's something wrong with your memory?

Edit:
Here (http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/segmentation-fault-on-linux-unix.html) you can find some more information on segmentation faults, see if that helps you.

sstusick
November 28th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I had the same problem but it didn't occur as frequently as yours.

yipperzz
November 28th, 2008, 09:28 AM
i had the same issue when i installed pidgin 2.5.2 on 8.04. but on 8.10 it isn't doing it anymore. what version of ubuntu and pidgin are you running? what accounts are you using?