PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Apache

theozzlives
November 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I'm trying to setup WebDEV on my server and I got it all setup except when I restart Apache it says:

* Restarting web server apache2 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs
[fail]

What would be causing this? my ip is 68.15.116,126

MJN
November 20th, 2008, 11:45 AM
You have two issues:

i. You don't have a ServerName directive set in your Apache config i.e. it doesn't know what it (itself) is called. It has to know this for various reasons and so is making an assumption.

ii. Are you starting Apache using sudo? (binding processes to ports <1024 requires super-user privileges)

Mathew

theozzlives
November 21st, 2008, 02:54 AM
You have two issues:

i. You don't have a ServerName directive set in your Apache config i.e. it doesn't know what it (itself) is called. It has to know this for various reasons and so is making an assumption.

ii. Are you starting Apache using sudo? (binding processes to ports <1024 requires super-user privileges)

Mathew

thanks, now where do I put the domain in at? This my first server I've hosted myself.

MJN
November 21st, 2008, 10:40 AM
I'm not familiar with WebDEV so don't know where it puts its configuration. However, for a vanilla install of Apache it would be set inside the <Virtualhost>...</Virtualhost> section of /etc/apache2/sites-available/default

e.g.

<Virtualhost *:80>
Servername www.domain.com (http://www.domain.com)
</Virtualhost>Mathew

theozzlives
November 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
I put "ServerName www.theozzmicrosystems.com" in my httpd.conf and that seemed to work. FrontPage still wont publish using WebDEV. Bummer, all that for naught.