View Full Version : [SOLVED] internal mic on acer 5315

November 19th, 2008, 03:37 PM
well. put quite simply, anybody out there know how to get 8.1 to recognize the internal mic on this laptop...? i dont know much about hardware or software, but i managed to get everything working after a fresh installation of the new ubuntu, or so i though until i tried to use skype, i played around with the alsa settings, the skype settings, and then i looked on the forums. it seems to be a fairly common problem that only gets mentioned in connection with sound not working on the aspire 5315, but otherwise my sound works fine. any ideas? i need that mic...

November 19th, 2008, 06:57 PM
dont all try to help at once.....:lolflag:

November 24th, 2008, 02:13 PM
booting into xp to skype sux hard...

December 17th, 2008, 06:12 PM
hello i have the same laptop and of course the same problem :(
however with an external mic skype does work on intrepid.for the internal mic problem i'm still looking for a solution.
if you managed to get it to work please post here

July 17th, 2009, 10:43 AM
hi sorry for the late response.
if you still have the problem you could try to update the kernel to the latest stable version http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/
then in sound settings set to pulse everything.if you can't select pulse install it from synaptic.in skype audio settings set to pulse also and then make a test audio to check it.
take a look at my post here http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=806555&highlight=gunnz&page=3 on how to install kernel and on post #27 about pulse.
if you have other questions pm me and i'll try yo help
all the best

mate youre a star....my post was up there for a loooong time, and meanwhile id got used to booting into xp if i needed to skype, completely unaware that it had been made possible to fix....so thanks again...
the internal mic works fine now(its under mic 2 in sound preferences/input/connector), and skype too, as long as i dont allow it to automatically adjust audio settings...problem solved.