PDA

View Full Version : NETBEANS GUI question

Kilon
November 19th, 2008, 11:40 AM
So I have studied abit of NETBEANS . I tried to delete a component and to my surprise it messed up my code. It deleted it in the form designer but not in the code. I did my search and found out that you should not delete components . The netbeans has a guard code thing that does not allow to delete elements and it does not have any update function to update the code using the Form Deisgn in case of delete.

DOH!!!!

I am used to Delphi designer where everything was RAD, nothing to worry about.

Does the Eclipse Visual editor does the same thing ?

I am just posting here just to make sure that I understand thing correctly and I dont mix things up.

Of course I am aware of Safe delete function , I tried to use it , but do not feel very confident with it. Too bad that GUI design is so limited. Of course I am in the processing of learning Swing and I probably be better of coding b hand but still miss the easy of use of Delphi.

shafi
November 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM
So I have studied abit of NETBEANS . I tried to delete ...

Does the Eclipse Visual editor does the same thing ?

No! , Eclipse is so nice you can change any part of the code that you made using the jigloo ( eclipse GUI editor).
It doesn't lock the code.

Kilon
November 19th, 2008, 12:59 PM
No! , Eclipse is so nice you can change any part of the code that you made using the jigloo ( eclipse GUI editor).
It doesn't lock the code.

ok i see .... then i should try eclipse too... i hesitate until now cause Netbeans nowhere said that I should not delete gui comnponents. Not very impressed with the documentation there, I visited the website and I think that this should have been made clear to any beginner with Netbeans.

Downloading eclipse.... Does jigloo come onboard eclipse or is it like visual editor an extension?

shafi
November 19th, 2008, 02:07 PM
ok i see ....

Downloading eclipse.... Does jigloo come onboard eclipse or is it like visual editor an extension?

Jigloo is an Eclipse plugin you can install it remotely , its more easy to install it remotely.
click the link for step by step installation:
http://www.cloudgarden.com/jigloo/

Kilon
November 19th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Jigloo is an Eclipse plugin you can install it remotely , its more easy to install it remotely.
click the link for step by step installation:
http://www.cloudgarden.com/jigloo/
thank you very , very , very much.

Kilon
November 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM
It was easy to install.

I tested it works... I manage to add a button to my Swing application and then delete it straight away updating the code at the same time with the proper changes. Very sweet. I much prefer it from Netbeans also cause it produces clean code with not too much OO stuff, making simpler to understand what I am doing. Thanks again. I dive inside the eclipse's tutorials to explore this wonderful IDE and the GUI editor.

shafi
November 20th, 2008, 12:32 AM
It was easy to install.

I tested it works... I manage to add a button to my Swing application and then delete it straight away updating the code at the same time with the proper changes. Very sweet. I much prefer it from Netbeans also cause it produces clean code with not too much OO stuff, making simpler to understand what I am doing. Thanks again. I dive inside the eclipse's tutorials to explore this wonderful IDE and the GUI editor.
;) Eclipse is consisting of too many plugins, its very nice and powerful.
have fun!