PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Eee PC 904HA issues

mellenubmacmini04
November 19th, 2008, 07:32 AM
I am running 8.10 on a Asus Eee PC 904HA I just bought last week. Most everything is working ok, but I have a lot of little issues I could use some help with. First, when I first boot the computer everything with the sound works great, MP3's and video playback, but when I close the screen (sending computer into suspend mode) then open the screen again the sound stops working and rhythmbox stops working all together. Second, I want to have the option to turn on and off the trackpad (mousepad) tap click, because when I try to use the two finger scroll feature (I really like) it ends up thinking I am tapping and starts to select text. Third, the battery (6 cell) seems to be lasting way way short of what it is suppose to be coming in around 2 hours 15 min. and the fan seems to always be running. I have heard about "speedstep" with the intel atom processor, but i'm not sure if ubuntu has the drivers? and the last thing i am looking for is a really good stand alone calendar program that isn't a resource hog. any ideas?
Thanks a lot