PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] need help with my vaio vgn-cr220e drivers

campbuds
November 18th, 2008, 10:40 PM
ok, so I coming back to trying ubuntu again with more determination than before.

but I am not finding much help on the forums yet.

although I have been here before I am still a total newb. when i am told to navigate to someplace in the terminal, i don't even know how to do that.

what i really need help with is the following 4 issues, which i see to be the only things at this point from keeping me from switching to ubuntu. i am hoping to resolve these so other can benefit from this thread. but i need much help.

1. web cam not functioning
2. mic not functioning (fixed, but my son hit some keys and now it is always on! help!)
3. resolution set properly loses part of screen to fuzz (intel x3100)
4. comcast smartzone web page won't load in firefox (fixed)

campbuds
November 18th, 2008, 11:30 PM
apparently my smartzone problem is comcasts fault, but has anyone come up with a solution besides deleting cookies? deleting cookies for me doesn't work well or for long.

campbuds
November 19th, 2008, 01:30 AM
apparently my smartzone problem is comcasts fault, but has anyone come up with a solution besides deleting cookies? deleting cookies for me doesn't work well or for long.

this only happens on some networks. at my office I cannot connect. at my satellite location I can and at home no problems either.

So how come no responses here yet?

I have searched the forums, but without much help.

campbuds
November 21st, 2008, 01:37 AM
I am kinda hoping for some help here. If I cannot get it here I have no where else to go.

campbuds
November 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
why is no one responding to my thread? is it because no one knows?

campbuds
November 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I still need help with my resolution and webcam.

campbuds
December 4th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Ok, I am down to just my webcam not functioning.

I had to resort to using 8.04... which isn't the end of the world. But one would think an upgrade would not cause a lost in function.

So, how about the webcam?

P.I.M.P. said he could help me but he is never on.