PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Power Management Problems with Intrepid

Euphorion
November 18th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Hello

I have a Fujitsu XI-2550 Laptop with ATI HD2700 internal graphics and connected to an external Monitor. The two Monitors (LCD Panel + External) are set up to run as one big screen via the proprietary driver and ATI Catalyst Control center.

I have set the power management to put the Monitors (LCD Panel on laptop and external monitor) on power save after 30 mins on AC Power.

When the time out strikes, the displays go black, but they are still at full power (indicated by the front panel leds).

Does any one have a fix for this problem ?

Further Standby and Hibernate do not work, when I activate Standy the computer goes into standby but cannot be reawakened. They only action is to switch off and reboot.

Rhemat
November 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I unfortunately have a similar problem. Just one screen on a desktop. I tell it to shut off after so long (some days 10 minutes, I think it is 25 minutes right now), and it seems if my computer has been on longer than 12 hours, half the time power management fails. My screen ends up remaining on the whole time unless I come around and turn it off.
I'm using Kubuntu 8.04, with an Acer Al1917W widescreen. If there is any more information I need to supply, let me know.