PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Share internet connection with VM (Virtualbox - Ubuntu host/ XP guest)

Gaspacho
November 17th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hi there,

I currently installed new Ubuntu 8.10 along with Virtualbox and managed to get XP running on it. I didn't change any default settings but I cannot connect to the internet while using virtual XP. I tried turning off Windows Firewall but that didn't hel either.

Few months ago I had XP and virtual machine with ubuntu and everything worked out-of-the-box but.

I would be grateful If anyone knew how to set up shared internet connection between Ubuntu host and XP guest. Thx in advance ;)

wadelewis4
November 19th, 2008, 10:52 PM
In virtualbox, before you click "start" to load the winXP vm, click "Settings". Click on the "Network" label in the left pane and configure the type of connection you want in the right pane. It may be set at "Not Attached".

Hope that helps.

qman_txun
February 10th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Too close problem with me, I have my edubuntu running now, it took me some time to get it working but I finally did with the help here and I hope this is going to be one of my last problem that I can't find answer. I just want to share internet to other PCs (win and linux) from my edubuntu box.

Thanks

superprash2003
February 10th, 2009, 07:55 PM
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=91370

jacobrussell
October 28th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I have tether berry for blackberry and I was wondering is it possible to bridge the windows virtual box connection and allow windows tether berry to share its internet connection to ubuntu ?