PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is my system compartible for ubuntu 8.04???

trendyabinash
November 17th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I am using a system having intel 945 chipset and core2duo with 2GB of ram and 160GB of hd space.

I have a ubuntu 8.04 live desktop cd
and I am trying to install it through the option INSTALL UBUNTU a page is being displayed with a line repeat through out the page :- "User not known to the underlying authentication module"

This cd has been sent by the makers as I had requested for one and it is working. I have installed it in one of mine friend's desktop it was though a bit slow having PIV processor and 512mb of ram.

What should I do??

trendyabinash
November 18th, 2008, 06:45 AM
What kind of forum is this???

No one can help me out with my problem??

trendyabinash
November 18th, 2008, 06:46 AM
What kind of forum is this???

No one can help me out with my problem??

Scene
November 18th, 2008, 06:47 AM
Try installing via boot up.

Restart your computer and when it loads go to the option - Install.

trendyabinash
November 18th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Try installing via boot up.

Restart your computer and when it loads go to the option - Install.
Ya I have tired that also but it is saying that :-
"User not known to the underlying authentication module"

acrousey
November 18th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Maybe your CD is corrupted. I think you are given the option to check for that before you install or even go into the live CD.

BTW
By the way, if my system (specs in my signature) is able to run Ubuntu, I think yours definitely should. How much hard drive space are you giving it? It needs at least 4 GB of hard drive space.

trendyabinash
November 18th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Maybe your CD is corrupted. I think you are given the option to check for that before you install or even go into the live CD.

BTW
By the way, if my system (specs in my signature) is able to run Ubuntu, I think yours definitely should. How much hard drive space are you giving it? It needs at least 4 GB of hard drive space.
I have alloted it 20GB of disk space,
and sir I am not able to go to that part of the installation, while booting itself it is giving me the message.
No The CD is fine I have performed the check and I have also loaded it on my friend's PC it worked perfectly fine in his.
His system config is Pentium 4 2.46GHz 512MB RAM no graphic card though.
and mine is given in my signature.