PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] netgear wireless router help

mrmoney
November 17th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Hi,

I used to have a linksys wireless router which I was able (after much pains) to connect to wirelessly to the internet on my Ubuntu 7.10 laptop.

I now have a netgear wireless router and cannot connect to the internet wirelessly but can do so wired.

I have configured the router to allow wireless connections, and can connect to my network but just cannot access the internet wirelessly.

I am not sure what to do at this point. I cannot upgrade Ubuntu as that blew up my laptop the last time and would like to just stick with 7.10.

If anyone could attempt to guide me in the right direction Id greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

greeni08
November 17th, 2008, 12:31 PM
hi there...I'm having problems setting up my netgear on ubuntu 8.04. I can't access it through ethernet or wirelessly...could you tell me how you set yours up wired because I only need the interent on the one computer... cheers

greeni08

mrmoney
November 17th, 2008, 02:29 PM
hi there...I'm having problems setting up my netgear on ubuntu 8.04. I can't access it through ethernet or wirelessly...could you tell me how you set yours up wired because I only need the interent on the one computer... cheers

greeni08

It just worked for wired. And actually wireless is now just working after a couple restarts.