PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problem with Cairo-dock in Ubuntu 8.10 >????

gustav777
November 17th, 2008, 12:39 AM
I am want to install Cairo-dock in this ubuntu but when I start to install:

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/cairo-dock_1.6.3.1_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/share/cairo-dock/default-indicator.png', which is also in package cairo-dock-data

What can I do??? In previouse version of Ubuntu Cairo-dock works perfectly.

73ckn797
November 17th, 2008, 04:22 AM

E: /var/cache/apt/archives/cairo-dock_1.6.3.1_amd64.deb: trying to overwrite `/usr/share/cairo-dock/default-indicator.png', which is also in package cairo-dock-data

A "png" file is an image. I would not be too concerned and allow the over write.

fabounet
November 17th, 2008, 12:04 PM
package conflict.
remove the packages from Ubuntu, re-install from the official repository.

SerafeimG
November 24th, 2008, 11:44 PM
package conflict.
remove the packages from Ubuntu, re-install from the official repository.

I have the same problem. Can you tell me how I can do this??

crjackson
November 25th, 2008, 12:13 AM

You have installed Cairo-Dock previously and you are now attempting to install it again over top of the already installed version.

You need to remove & purge the old version first, then proceed to install the newer version.

crjackson
November 25th, 2008, 12:15 AM
I have the same problem. Can you tell me how I can do this??

Open up the synaptic package manager under System>Administration and completly remove (including configuration files)your currently installed version.

Once the old version is cleaned out, the new version should install without any problem.

crjackson
November 25th, 2008, 12:17 AM
A "png" file is an image. I would not be too concerned and allow the over write.

Install will not complete until he purges the old version. Ignoring the png file won't help. In my experience, it must be removed to continue.