PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Connecting to Wireless Newtork - Computer Freezes

jcpenny86
November 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
Hey everyone -
I've had Ubuntu for a while but never really used it much for one big reason - no internet connection! So I finally got around to buying a wireless card and I'm working on installing it now. I followed some guides in the forum and was able to get everything installed using ndiswrapper just great. Now when I click on the network icon thing in the upper right corner, the 2 available wireless networks are available.

So I select the network in my home and it prompts me for the password and after entering that it starts to connect - icon changes and says it's trying to acquire a key. At this point though the computer just freezes up - mouse, keyboard, everything. Anybody have any suggestions as to what to do???

I have it hooked up through a wired connection now so if anything needs to be downloaded I can do that. The card I'm using is a Linksys WMP300N (PCI card) and I'm running Gusty Ubuntu (7.10). Any help? I'd really like to get this done ASAP so I can return the network cable back to work!

Thanks in advance!

jcpenny86
November 17th, 2008, 02:43 AM
Bump
I'd really appreciate any help with this...Thanks!

nekat_eman
November 24th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I am having the same issue using Ubuntu 8.10.

AMD 62 FX 64
D-link DWA 552 Wireless card using wireless N
ASUS Crosshair motherboard

hellocatfood
June 4th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I'm having the exact same issues using Ubuntu Jaunty on ASUS X50SL-AP124C laptop http://www.ebuyer.com/product/144182

Sometimes it works, sometimes it freezes